Location: Old George Mall, Salisbury
Salary: £10.30 per hour
Reporting to: Site Lead
Our Values & Behaviours
- Respect | This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
- Collaboration | This is all about teamwork and remembering that we all all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are on team!
- Integirty | This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on plan.
- Innovation | This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time, it’s about embracing change.
- Excellence | This is all about striving to be the very best brand embassador, exceeding expectations, add value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
- Trust | This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s about doing what you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Security Officer Working 48hours per week, rolling rota
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patrolling in the site and the outside Perimeter
- Meeting and Greeting Customers and helping with their enquiries
- Monitoring CCTV
- Building Integrity Checks
- SIA License a must
- SIA CCTV License an advantage – License and training provided for successful candidate
- First Aid Trained an advantage – License and training provided for successful candidate
- Able to take ownership of all situations and ensure all task given are completed.
- Flexible to changes
- Smart appearance at all times in line with company policy
- Experience in Security
- Excellent Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and workloads
- Excellent communicator and customer service skills
- Excellent written skills
- Able to react in a professional and calm manner in any situation
- Excellent Observational skills
- Able to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Good Report Writing Skills
- Good local knowledge
- Good team ethic
- 5 year checkable work/education History
Cycle to Work Scheme
Full Uniform Supplied
Progression through internal promotions and succession planning
Access to a catalogue of training courses through the Apprenticeship Levy
All security personnel are required to be vetted in accordance with Guidelines on Security Screening (BS7858) covering a period of five years. Failure to accurately and fully disclose work history may be detrimental to gaining employment with ABM. You will need to be able to evidence a minimum of 5 year’s written work history – this evidence needs to include any gaps of over 31 days and periods of self-employment. Successful candidates will be vetted by ABM before employment is confirmed. ABM take the vetting process extremely seriously and have a dedicated team who validate employment and investigate gaps. For this, candidates who are invited for an interview must be able to provide a full 5 year or back to school work history, accounting for any gaps and proof of right to work, address and SIA DS licence. Failure to provide this evidence will result in ABM not being able to comply with the BS7858 Standard (the British Standards Institution for screening individuals employed in a security environment) and therefore no offer of employment is able to be made.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with.